Home

October 22, 2017, 02:36:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Overdub Game  (Read 3341 times)
Orchetect

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2006, 02:10:33 pm »

Hi, I thought we could try something a little different.  How about the musicians here take turns overdubbing their playing on top of their favorite songs?  I suggest we keep the samples under one minute just to make sure we're not infringing on anyone.

I'll go first.  Here are some solo overdubs for "Moonchild" by Iron Maiden:

http://itv.i8.com/temp/Moonchild_Andrew.mp3

Sloppy, and my tone craps out at the end of the last solo, but I did like what I did so I am willing to share it with the heads hre.

Anyway I was thinking it could be fun for us to kind of show off a little bit.  Any instrument (including vocals), any song in any metal genre. 

Of course it could take weeks at a time before anyone actually takes the trouble to record and post something, but hey.  Anything to help spark conversation on the Harm forums!
thoricane

Ian as Alexi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 01:50:49 pm »

that sounds like a good idea man, when i get my mic set up and all that B.S ill get right on it!

By the way, ill download that file later! IM LATE FOR WORK!

The power of the power of the power of the power... of the great sword!
Tanhald
Lead & rhythm guitars
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:30:54 pm »

Great idea, man! This kind of reminds me of how my friend used to overdub his bass playing over some MIDI versions of his favorite songs, although this variation has more potential. I will post something and check everyone else's samples, but I'm not sure when. Hopefully tomorrow, if I can get anything done without preparations. If I wanted to go HiFi it'd take weeks to get anything done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: