Home

October 15, 2019, 01:41:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what if ???  (Read 8612 times)
pheno
« on: January 02, 2007, 07:56:28 am »

what if you live in a place where metal is strongly banned ??
what if you can not keep up with the most recent releases???for example it took me three months to get an album like "Come Clarity" by "IN FLAMES".... three months!!!!!!!imagine yourself reading Wayfaerer's review about this album when you can not get it !!!
what if there are some bands that i couldn't get at all !!! like "Scar Symmetry" and "Mercenary"
what if you haven't been to any live show by your favorite band ??
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 02:43:09 pm »

what if you live in a place where metal is strongly banned ??
what if you can not keep up with the most recent releases???for example it took me three months to get an album like "Come Clarity" by "IN FLAMES".... three months!!!!!!!imagine yourself reading Wayfaerer's review about this album when you can not get it !!!
what if there are some bands that i couldn't get at all !!! like "Scar Symmetry" and "Mercenary"
what if you haven't been to any live show by your favorite band ??

Where do you live? Malaysia? Or Turkmenistan?
pheno
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:35:09 am »

no... i live in Syria!!! ever heard about it Huh if so i guess it's due to the fact we have one syrian band on your list Nu.Clear.Dawn....although it's not my favorite metal genre at all but ... good for them..
Potrokh
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:35:31 pm »

Hi Pheno, well, believe it or not, but many people in the so-called civilized countries have it the same way - some live too far from major metropolitan areas to catch their favorite band on tour or find any decent cd's at the local stores. At least, I hear complaints like that all the time. I really don't think it matters that much these days; you have internet access, and after all, that's where many of us get information. I can't be the judge though, cause I don't go to shows and have no desire to do so anyway.
pheno
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:00:04 am »

i didn't know that !!! but speaking of internet can you tell me where i can find or download samples for some bands.. such as "Scar Symmetry" and "Mercenary".... some good quality sound won't hurt ofcourse!!! Wink
Potrokh
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:43:14 am »

DC++ (http://dcpp.net/) or any other filesharing network is your best bet for full albums, or just the bands' own sites if you just want to sample songs, although some of them let you download whole albums too.
Blasphemer
Metalosophist
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:25:15 pm »

I find that sometimes the quickest way to sample a band is to see if they have any videos on youtube:

Scar Symmetry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2LTaNb9zQQ

Mercenary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqL9Sgk2zLk
(note: this song is not from the latest album)

As far as ordering CDs through the mail, I would recommend www.theendrecords.com, www.gemm.com, or www.half.com.

pheno
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 10:13:51 am »

thanks guys very much ...
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 10:55:58 am »

Heh, I once traded some CDs with a guy in Syria. It was back in 1996 or something. I forgot what I sent him, but he sent me MDB's "The Angel and the Dark River." I just remember that when I paid for the package at the post office, it was $17 to send it! By then it was too late to back out of the trade.
pheno
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 12:59:25 pm »

heh!! did we have doomers here in 1996??? i don't really know ... but i started listenning to metal in 1999 but if we had metalheads who were willing to trade music ..that would be great .. coz what we have now here is literally: HEADBANGERS...not metal fans .. the more brutal the style gets the more popular it gets here so what is the most famous band here??? take a guess.... it's prrrraaaaaaaaaaam DIMMU BORGIIIIIIIIIIIIR  or "dummy burger" as you like to call them...i can never forget your reveiw for dimmu's puritanical something...although i like a few tracks of this album and thier beath cult bla bla bla is a good album since they are playing with Prague philharmonic orchestra ....
so for now i just want to say that you gave back me some hope.. and by the way ..i've always wanted to know what Curumbor Elendil means!!!!!!!!same for Potrokh !!!!Cuchulainn !!!where do you guys find these names???but look who's talking  Grin!!!
Wayfaerer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 03:07:15 pm »

Heh, I once traded some CDs with a guy in Syria. It was back in 1996 or something. I forgot what I sent him, but he sent me MDB's "The Angel and the Dark River." I just remember that when I paid for the package at the post office, it was $17 to send it! By then it was too late to back out of the trade.

Wow!  Thats a lot of shipping!
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 09:20:40 am »

Cuchulainn !!!where do you guys find these names???but look who's talking  Grin!!!
Hahaha, pheno...  Well I personally am from Irish and Scottish descent so I looked through some Celtic mythology and found Cuchulainn...  He was the hero of Ulster and was known for his frenzied combat prowess similar to the Berzerkers...  He was almost undefeatable in battle...  So anyway, that's why Cuchulainn comes from...

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
pheno
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »

ok Cuchulainn ... good to know ..well i guess we don't have much mythologies here !! can you give me some link to some Celtic myths?
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 03:02:21 pm »

ok Cuchulainn ... good to know ..well i guess we don't have much mythologies here !! can you give me some link to some Celtic myths?

Wikipedia is always a fun way to suck the fun out of a subject: Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cu_chulainn

If you can find T?in B? Cuailnge at a university library, perhaps as part of a collection, it's a pretty entertaining read.

My handle is a translation to Tolkien's language Sindarin. "Elendil" is actually a character from his mythology, while "Curumbor" means, roughly, "raised fist."
pheno
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 07:15:20 am »

ho hooooooo!!! you guys are so much into undefeatable heroes Cool Cool but it's kind of cool!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: