Home

November 20, 2018, 05:47:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 Awards  (Read 20202 times)
pheno
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 02:43:06 pm »

Seriosly "InTheName" how old are you Huh? and how long have you been into metal Huh how far would you go to defend IE??..I mean IE should be very proud to have such a back protecting fan like you !!! but come on I make fun of my friend's interests in doom bands every day but he just keep on listening to them ? so just stick to your band and that's it !!!!
I'm speaking for most of melodic-death fans  (being one myself)?no melodic-death fan will ever digest power and probably many other styles  ?why ? coz it's just different musical scales, different rhythm, different vocals, different lyrics, different technique AND different drumming ( please don't tell me you can not notice different drumming  between power and melodic-death!!! ) sooooooo what have we left here??. mmmmmmmmmm NOTHING !!!!
besides you really have to jump immediately to Dragonforce page and read the reviews about "Inhuman Rampage" maybe you will realize what unbiased means and how these guys can see talent even in things that they do not like (no compliments are paid here so you don't accuse me of helping Cuchulainn) ? I myself am almost an anti-power fan but if I say that this album doesn't contain any serious promising talent I'd be a real fanboy ( in your own terms) I just wish they get more serious and stop being happy roadrunners ?but  then it won't be power anymore !!!so Dragonforce has just proved that they can do something technical, useful, and above all listenable for none-power fans ?and can do power a big favor!!! Every realistic metal fan will agree
The only thing you've done here is making me more willing to get a full album by IE ? I'm not so excited after listening to album titled song "Dead or Dreaming" coz I consider album titled songs are a good example for the whole album concept !!! but I really want to see what these guys are about?
InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 04:31:21 pm »

I am objective, I just know what I like and what I don't like...

Stuck in the genre and styles of metal music you like, eh? 

Here's a definition of OBJECTIVE:

"Expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings or prejudices..."

Do you still consider yourself as being O-B-J-E-C-T-I-V-E?

...do you actually have any opinions because other than you being a fan of Into Eternity...

Oh...I think I've said plenty already...

OPINION defined:

"a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter"

Will you say that you do or do not like anything or are you trapped in an elitist's metalhead attitude???  Meaning, are you so much better/smarter/whatever that you think that your "opinions" are the only ones that matter???

I don?t consider myself an elitist at all, actually, I?ve always thought of myself as being part of the general non-elite public, seeing that I enjoy so much diversity and variety in genres and styles of music.   ?Trapped in an elitist?s metalhead attitude? actually sounds more like you?re describing yourself with all your preferences in genre and styles of metal music and your utter hatred of certain bands and specific styles of metal. 

Also, I think I?ve already said (twice actually) that there are plenty of shitty metal albums out there, but maybe it was all an oversight on your part?   Roll Eyes 

Just in case you want to sample those albums that I would rate very poorly cause they hold no repeat value at all to me, regardless of the genre or style of metal they represent, here are a few shitty albums that come to mind, who knows...maybe you actually love some of them...   Kiss

Avulsed ? Cybergore
Annihilator ? All For You
Extol ? The Blueprint Dives
Luca Turilli ? Prophet of the Last Eclipse
Terrorizer ? Darker Days Ahead
Venom ? Metal Black

By the way, my opinions are always unbiased...

BTW, I?ll agree with you that your music reviews are for the most part unbiased, but your opinions on this message board tell a whole different story.

InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 04:53:58 pm »

Seriosly "InTheName" how old are you Huh? and how long have you been into metal Huh how far would you go to defend IE??..I mean IE should be very proud to have such a back protecting fan like you !!! but come on I make fun of my friend's interests in doom bands every day but he just keep on listening to them ? so just stick to your band and that's it !!!!

I've been into metal for more than 25 years and I'm in my late 30's.  Defending IE?  All I did is explain to Mr "Cuch" who had already explained what he hated about the band that those who love the band do so for exactly the same reasons he dislikes them.  I don't think I made any other specific comments about the band, so I'm not sure where your getting the idea that I'm defending them.  I'm simply challenging "Cuch" on his mind-set of arrogance towards certain bands and styles of metal. 

FYI, I enjoy IE's originality and I like the way they mix all the various metal influences, it works for me but that doesn't mean it works for everybody. 
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 09:45:43 pm »

Not a mindset of arrogance, I acknowledge of what I do and don't enjoy...  And the stuff I don't enjoy, I will defend why I don't enjoy it... 

FYI, I'm not a fan of any of those albums you named either... 

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 02:28:06 am »

I don't understand. For the most part you are contradicting yourself. You are blasting Cuch for being a "fanboy" when the basis of your argument rests upon a similar emotional involvement with Into Eternity. You are in the privileged position where we cannot make summary judgements about your taste, since we can only infer your tastes by the information you provide to us. As for us reviewers here at Harm, you can read through our back-catalogue of reviews for a fairly reliant overview of our preferences. For all we know you could be wearing their t-shirt and staring at a wall of signed IE posters bordered by ticket stubs from every concert they've ever played. Moreover, for all we know that might be the only band you ever listen to.

Furthermore, I don't believe that Cuch's views should be interpeted as professional opinions on this forum anyway. A forum, if we remind ourselves of its original purpose is a place where personal opinions can be aired. I am a big fan of Ensiferum, but I think the medieval getup they wear is completely self-parodying. I could say Dark Tranquillity shit all over In Flames. Why not? It's a forum, I am entitled to these informal views. They are only as true as you much as you want them to be. You can disagree, perhaps put up a bit of an argument...but after that it's just clutching at straws.

FYI, I enjoy IE's originality and I like the way they mix all the various metal influences, it works for me but that doesn't mean it works for everybody. 

Umm...game over?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:31:01 am by Eyeless Sentry » Logged

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 03:39:20 am »

Not a mindset of arrogance, I acknowledge of what I do and don't enjoy...  And the stuff I don't enjoy, I will defend why I don't enjoy it... 

FYI, I'm not a fan of any of those albums you named either... 

Cuch,

Just so you know, I think you write good music reviews, I enjoy reading them, otherwise I wouldn't hang around here.  So, here's one of the reasons why I challenged you:

Quote from: Cuchulainn

Mercenary COMPLETELY DESTROY Into Eternity in all facets of their music...

Is this how you defend what you don't enjoy?   Huh

This is the mind-set of arrogance that I'm talking about, the "fan boy" mentality that I find so juvenile.  As a long standing experienced reviewer at this site, you should be above all that juvenile pettiness. 

InTheNameOfMetal
InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:50 am »

I don't believe that Cuch's views should be interpeted as professional opinions on this forum anyway. A forum, if we remind ourselves of its original purpose is a place where personal opinions can be aired. I am a big fan of Ensiferum, but I think the medieval getup they wear is completely self-parodying. I could say Dark Tranquillity shit all over In Flames. Why not? It's a forum, I am entitled to these informal views.

Then you shouldn't be upset when someone challenges you for making juvenile remarks, or infers that you sound like a fan boy or states that you have a mind-set of arrogance?  Since this is a forum, am I not entitled to these "informal views" as well? 
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 07:34:11 am »

Boy you love to the out "fan boy" a lot, don't you???  Funny, I've never been considered one prior to hearing you accuse me of being one but that's neither here nor there... 

I appreciate that you enjoy my reviews, but I do not appreciate your manner or critiquing my personal reviews on this band or that...  If I remember correctly, the first time anyone (i.e. The Evil Dead) stated that they thought I was incorrect in putting IE as an overrated band, I stated that they aren't for everyone...  No band is for everyone...  Everyone will not like one certain band...  It will not happen...  I'm sure people don't like Maiden, Metallica, Priest, Pantera, or Slayer, and that's exactly how I personally like it...  I love to see varying taastes and opinions, especially in an unprofessional board (thanks Eyeless), as I've always viewed this forum as such as well...  However, your accusations and petty name-calling is complete bullshit to say the least...  I would appreciate you refraining from it...  Ask me any question you want to know and I will answer it with my honest opinion...  My opinion may disagree with yours, but both of our opinions are as valid as the next...  I will stand by Mercenary over Into Eternity until my death by the way...

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 09:09:14 am »

I do not appreciate your manner or critiquing my personal reviews on this band...

Likewise, I do not appreciate your juvenile mentality and pettiness, and your mind-set of arrogance.  Deal with it!

I will stand by Mercenary over Into Eternity until my death by the way...

Good for you!  How does that make you feel exactly, the fact that you're standing by one band over another?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:54:13 am by InTheNameOfMetal » Logged
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2007, 09:30:46 am »

Dude, you have gotta be fucking kidding me...  I'm trying to be civil, yet you keep attacking...  What a dick...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:33:08 am by Cuchulainn » Logged

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2007, 09:03:13 pm »

Then you shouldn't be upset when someone challenges you for making juvenile remarks, or infers that you sound like a fan boy or states that you have a mind-set of arrogance?  Since this is a forum, am I not entitled to these "informal views" as well? 

You are entitled to informal views. Once you tread over into uninformed, ad hominem drivel it gets a bit old. Give it up mate.

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2007, 10:16:56 pm »

If you're going to be a stand up kind of guy and walk the talk and then continue to defend the statements you made, well you've heard the saying that if it sounds like a duck it must be a duck...well, if it sounds like a fan boy it must be a fan boy?

Also, there is a considerable difference between a statement one makes, an opinion one gives and a review of something that one does.  Just wanted to clear that up.

Finally, even though one of you thinks I'm a dick and the other thinks that my apparently uninformed (ad hominen?) drivel is getting a bit old, I think deep down you guys understand the point I'm trying to make but I also think that pride is clouding someone's judgement...and I'm not talking about me.

This must end, I know, and I've said all I have to say about the matter...hopefully somebody other than myself will have learnt something new from this experience.
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2007, 04:03:28 pm »

Some learning experience...  Unfortunately it proves points that I thought were dead and gone from the metal scene...

It also proves that no matter what a person writes they will always offend or piss someone off...  I already accepted that fact a long time ago...  However, resorting to personal attacks (fan boy or even a lack of metal intelligence which waas yet another one of your underlying themes) will as be a used to attack even in what I thought was an intellectual agrument to start...  Your lack of maturity amazes me...

Hope your Into Eternity fan site does well...

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
InTheNameOfMetal

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 04:00:45 am »

Some learning experience...  Unfortunately it proves points that I thought were dead and gone from the metal scene...

Congratulations, at least you learnt something even if it was not what I was hoping?

will as be a used to attack even in what I thought...

Sorry, you lost me there?

...what I thought was an intellectual agrument to start...

Yes, it was an intellectual argument in the beginning, but then your juvenile mentality and overall pettiness got the best of you?

Your lack of maturity amazes me...

Hope your Into Eternity fan site does well...

Mind-set of arrogance defined just for you:

Mind-set:

1 : a mental attitude or inclination
2 : a fixed state of mind

Arrogance:

An attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions.

Conclusion:

There?s something to be said and there's a very big difference I might add between someone having a mind-set of arrogance and someone standing by their convictions, but if you want to talk about maturity, start by looking into a mirror.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:07:27 am by InTheNameOfMetal » Logged
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 10:18:55 am »

I don't have to result to personal attacks...  You did that and I responded with low blows of my own...  I'm not going to be chastised by someone on our forum and not defend myself... 

You don't know the first thing about maturity...  And people who know me know that I'm the farthest thing from arrogant... 

As far as where I "lost" you, perhaps you should read the rest of the sentence...  I'm done dealing with your idiocy...

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: