Home

November 20, 2018, 05:58:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal In Australia  (Read 4563 times)
Darkstone

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2005, 04:08:34 am »

I have taken this post, which is originally from my post over at the official KANIA forum, hosted by HMAS.org - http://forums.hmas.org/forumdisplay.php?f=191

I'll list the genre and write some info about the bands:

Power Metal:

Dungeon - One of Australia's classiest bands, They have toured Europe with Megadeth + been to japan 3 times + toured Auustralia with Nightwish / Megadeth / Edguy / Angra + others, and are an amazing band! Both on CD and Live. You can check them ot at www.dungeon.cd

Vanishing Point - Also one of Australia's leading Power / Progressive Metal bands. They toured Europe with Gamma Ray + Sonata Arctica, and i must say.. I only saw them live for the first time in October, and they were amazing! One of the best live bands i have ever seen! I would recommend these guys to anyone! www.vanishing-point.com.au

Transcending Mortality - A young band of Australia, haven't done any big tours, since they have only been around for less then 12 months or so, but these guys are really onto something! Very tight live band, and have some fucking great material! They are currently recording their debut album! Check them out at www.transcendingmortality.com

Black Majesty - I don't know much about this band, but they seem to be really big overseas, played at some major festivals and have just released a new album through LMP Records, worth chekcing out! www.blackmajesty.com

Melodic Death Metal:

Infernal Method - One of Australia's leading bands for this genre, similar to bands like In Flames / Arch Enemy. Recently Supported Arch Enemy + done some big Australia tours with oother bands such as Insision + their own headlining tour. Check them out at www.infernalmethod.com

Pathogen - Recently Supported Children of Bodom on their Austraalian tour, and have supported many international bands in their home city - Mayhem / Soilwork / Fear Factory + many more. You can hear them at www.pathogen.com.au

Black Metal:

Astriaal - One of my favourite bands! These guys are really amazing, i'd say they ar more melodic black metal, similar to Naglfar. They haave a debut album out, which is unreal! Check them out at - http://www.elementalist.net/astriaal/

Tech-Death Metal:

Psycroptic - This band will blow oyu away! No matter what music you listen to! They are a massive band here in Australia! Toured with many bands - Incantation / Deeds of Flesh / Nile / Behemoth (January) + Done a big European tour with Dismember. They are an amazingly skilled band! I recommend them to everyone! www.psycroptic.com

Metal / Hardcore:

Inane Eminence - These guys are a ggreat band, powerful live band and are climbing the ladder quite fast! For fans of Bleeding Through / Devil Driver / etc.. Check them out at www.inaneeminence.com
Bleeding
Global Moderator

Paradise Belongs To You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 04:15:05 am »

Another great band from Australia is Virgin Black. They have a very original sound in doom/black/gothic parts. And their debut release was amazing. http://www.virginblack.com

"If You Ever Saw Me Smile You Should Know I Felt Sick Inside...."
Wayfaerer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 02:48:45 pm »

Devolved ain't bad either
Darkstone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 02:53:08 pm »

My band played with Devolved in October 2004.. They have re-located to the states now, so who knows what their up to, i read they are recording a new album and getting ready to tour.

I haven't heard much of Virgin Black, but they seem to be quite a popular band  Grin

There's alot of untapped talent here! Smiley
thoricane

Ian as Alexi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 08:04:26 pm »

i saw Virgin Black in 2003 when Opeth came out.

I didnt think too much of them, but I can still remember thier songs... so I guess that means they're good, ey?

The power of the power of the power of the power... of the great sword!
Darkstone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 09:46:47 pm »

I dont know? It's got to count for something! Tongue
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 09:49:37 pm »

Pathogen were a pretty good band, better than some of the support acts i've seen at big shows. Vanishing Point are pretty enjoyable, but i'd really like to see Manic Opera live at some point.

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
thoricane

Ian as Alexi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:03:48 pm »

yeah id say Pathogen were pretty damn good. A good act to open CoB with too! I wonder who the aussie act for the upcoming Opeth tour will be... possibly Virgin Black again.

The power of the power of the power of the power... of the great sword!
Darkstone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 10:03:21 pm »

Pathogen were a sweet opening band for CoB!

Their coming back in April, to Sydney.. I'm putting on one of their shows, then they play metalstock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: