Home

October 20, 2017, 07:51:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Shows  (Read 11362 times)
Mad Metal Mage

I'm going to the Meshuggah/Cynic/The Faceless show

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 01:13:16 pm »

I live on an island so sometimes it's hard to get to shows as most are on the mainland. And I think a lot of bands don't play in Canada, especially not in western Canada. I wish I was tall!

Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 04:21:19 am »

Yeah...Johan Hegg is MASSIVE. Got my Carcass, Opeth and JUDAS PRIEST tickets ... all in Sep! Cheesy

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
Blasphemer
Metalosophist
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 08:29:29 pm »

Carcass??!!  Are they playing a festival down there?  I heard they were reuniting to play at Wacken, along with At the Gates, but I hadn't heard about anywhere else.

Mad Metal Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 11:04:47 am »

Update:  I got MORE tickets...going to see 1) Alice Cooper 2) Carcass 3) Opeth 3) Amon Amarth 5) In Flames...top that!  Wink

Oh, but I didn't buy Metallica yet...don't know...

Blasphemer
Metalosophist
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 09:01:51 pm »

Don't buy Metallica tickets... just download them Tongue

I can't believe Carcass is reuniting, even if it's just to play a few shows.  I just looked it up, and I guess Daniel Erlandsson from Arch Enemy is handling the drums, other than that it's all the original members.  Who knows, maybe a new album will come out of this reunion - that's what happened with Cynic!

Mad Metal Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 09:00:46 am »

haha so I told my buddy that I'm downloading "death magnetic" but I told him not to tell lars!  Does anyone here really listen to metallica anymore?  I have something funny to say about the album but don't want to offend.

I guess a lot of fans were surprised about the reunion. I'm just glad they're coming to Vancouver....and I'm going. I still have 3 tickets left to sell though. Unfortunately most people around here aren't "br00tl" enough to know who Carcass is, at least not in Nanaimo!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:08:13 am by Mad Metal Mage » Logged

Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 12:49:49 pm »

I have yet to hear "Death Magnetic" but my friends tell me it's pretty good...  But yes, I am definitely gonna download it, just cuz...  Not "Br00tal" enough for Carcass???  That's ridiculous, I believe some education is in order...  Or an intervention perhaps...  I think you should lock a bunch of people in a room and blast "Swansong" and "Heartwork" over and over again...  Haha...  Have fun at the show, I'm envious...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:07:13 pm by Cuchulainn » Logged

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 04:41:02 am »

Oath...I can't wait for Carcass on the 13th. My last show was Judas Priest. It was great - they can still rock, albeit not as hard as Maiden (sorry Potrokh!) Saw Opeth before that...sound was really bad...really paled in comparison to their last show here.

Mad Metal Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 03:24:53 pm »

Wont let me post in navy. Oh well. Alice Cooper was awesome!  I was at the very front practically falling over the barricade. I got guitar picks, play money, and a popped balloon. A group of metalheads have invaded the ferry ( we live on an island). We're all on our way to Carcass in Vancouver, bc!  And I sure hope the sound is good for opeth in October.

Edit: added the navy color tag to my post. And now I'm at starbucks. Doors to carcass open in just over 30 minutes.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:27:26 pm by Mad Metal Mage » Logged

Mad Metal Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 12:25:45 am »

I can't believe I saw Carcass live. And I
was at the front. I didn't know until tonight (the night of the concert) that this was Carcass' last show of the tour.  Did you know that?

Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 10:23:23 pm »

I just saw Carcass. It was...completely awesome.

Virtual
User

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 03:10:25 pm »

Don't buy Metallica tickets... just download them Tongue

I can't believe Carcass is reuniting, even if it's just to play a few shows.  I just looked it up, and I guess Daniel Erlandsson from Arch Enemy is handling the drums, other than that it's all the original members.  Who knows, maybe a new album will come out of this reunion - that's what happened with Cynic!

Hahaha!!!  A friend told me the exact same thing about Metallica that you state here!!!  LOL

Hi Ryan!  Although I was going to go get some rest since tomorrow I have to get up early to watch F1 I thought I'd start reading some of the threads.....   My most recent shows have been Apocalyptica and Sonata Artica in NYC  Smiley  Nightwish and Leaves' Eyes were cancelled  Angry  And I was unable to go to Amorphis and Opeth....  Oh well!  Next time Cheesy

virtual, the darker side of me...
Mad Metal Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 03:55:22 am »

holy shit. Just saw Dismember, Augury, and Unleash the Archers. Ok it ended a couple of hours ago. I was blown away

Blasphemer
Metalosophist
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 08:48:57 pm »

Got to see the Meshuggah / Cynic / The Faceless show in Des Moines, Iowa... it was a 6 hour drive round trip, but it was worth it!  Also had the pleasure of seeing Anal Blast at a local bar on Valentine's Day.  Their lyrics and onstage banter mainly revolve around the human menstrual cycle. More specifically, novel uses for the byproducts of menstruation. They also play pretty good grind.

Plus I just found out Opeth and Enslaved will be passing through my area in May.  It's about time - I was past due for some good shows!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: