Home

November 20, 2018, 05:43:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Cryptopsy vs. New Nile  (Read 2852 times)
Blasphemer
Metalosophist
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2005, 11:44:47 pm »

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I actually like the new Nile album better than the new Cryptopsy album. 

Why? Well, Cryptopsy dropped down a couple pegs...Lord Worm sounds tired, the songs seem kinda directionless, the production sounds blurry (not a good thing for this band), and they lost Jon the original guitarist.

Nile's latest, on the other hand, sounds like a refreshed and focused band. The egyptian influences are implied rather than blatant, and they don't come across as an awkward gimmick like they sometimes did in the past. Plus there's a lot of slow parts that really kick ass and help to break up the tempo monotony.

I think it's fair to compare these 2 bands, since they're both current "flagships" of the brutal death genre ( a genre I am becoming somewhat burned out on, with a few exceptions...)

Wayfaerer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 03:51:05 am »

Both discs are over-rated, I prefer the newest Aborted, Hate Eternal, or Divine Empire over either choice
The Evil Dead

Son of Northern Darkness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 12:25:02 pm »

Both discs are over-rated, I prefer the newest Aborted, Hate Eternal, or Divine Empire over either choice

My thoughts exactly. I really don't like the new Cryptopsy at all, hell, I even preferred Mike over Lord Worm myself. I thought that Whisper Supremacy or ... And Then You'll Beg are way better than the new one.

As for Nile, honestly I really don't like death metal outside of some of the more melodic or heavier groove-laden bands like Aborted, Hate Eternal, or Dying Fetus... And even then I'm not a huge fan. Nile always seemed kinda goofy to me, and I could never really get into their bland death metal style.

That's just my opinion though, don't tear me apart for it.  Cry

Jake_RTM
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 11:12:34 am »

I can't sit 10 seconds into the new Cryptopsy...Nile on the other hand is a great disc...but I have to agree with this guy...the  new Aborted (The Archaic Abbatoir) is definately in my top 5 for this year...that disc is just absolutely blazing.
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 02:36:32 pm »

I would have to agree with Jake RTM on this one...  "Annihilation of the Wicked" is a great album but the new Cryptopsy is very very hit or miss...  I think I only truly enjoyed 2-3 songs on "Once Was Not"...  

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: