Home

October 15, 2019, 01:01:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Hill  (Read 3322 times)
Potrokh
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:30:49 pm »

Pompous and pointless. Blah blah blah.... Yawn. Undecided
The Evil Dead

Son of Northern Darkness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:08:36 am »

Pompous and pointless? Can you explain a bit more for those of us who can't read your mind? Sorry I'm just kinda interested in the details as to why you apparently didn't enjoy the film.

By no means did I feel that it was the greatest film in the world, but I definitely enjoyed seeing it in the theater. The ambiance of the movie as well as the visual imagery was a cut above anything else I've seen in any film as of late, be it a horror/thriller flick or whatever. Christophe Gans did a wonderful job of really creating a movie that separates itself from most of the mainstream trash they put in the theaters any more by giving us something different and offbeat... A style of film that you really don't see in the theaters anymore because of its dreary nature and intense images.

I enjoyed it, but then again I'm a huge fan of horror films. I thought there were some great gore scenes, and enough eye candy to make the movie worth seeing in theaters.

Those types of movie goers ALWAYS going in expecting the next Gone With The Wind no matter what movie they see of course may not enjoy, but I felt it was worth the ticket price and a possible DVD purchase. 3/5 corpses in my book.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:13:05 am by The Evil Dead » Logged

Wayfaerer
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:37:53 am »

Probably will check it out on dvd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: