Home

December 12, 2017, 11:22:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following Republicans do you believe will gain the nomination for presidential candidacy?
Sen. Bob Brownback - 0 (0%)
Sen. John McCain - 2 (66.7%)
Jim Gilmore - 0 (0%)
Rudy Giuliani - 0 (0%)
Mike Huckabee - 0 (0%)
Mitt Romney - 0 (0%)
Rep. Duncan Hunter - 0 (0%)
Rep. Ron Paul - 1 (33.3%)
Fmr. Sen. Fred Dalton Thompson - 0 (0%)
Tommy Thompson - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Presidential Candidates 2008  (Read 6669 times)
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:06:28 am »

The Republican equivalent to my Democrat poll. My exam didn't ask me this, but I wish it did...I somehow know more about the Republicans this year because there are so many of them!

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:56:30 pm »

I like Ron Paul. He's the only one who voted against the Iraq War right at the beginning, voted against the Patriot Act, and votes against every porkbarrel spending bill that comes up for a vote!

Edit: Oops, it asks who you think will win the nomination. I don't think Paul will win, but you never know. I'll go with Romney.
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 11:10:43 pm »

Yeah, I like Ron Paul in the Republican camp too...he doesn't seem like much of a Republican to me...he actually wants to...you know...help people.

Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:18:04 pm »

I'm drawn to Rudy because I really like his style...  He seems to get the job done and he doesn't care who is in his way, I like that...  Don't know much about Ron Paul...  I think McCain is going to end up winning the nomination and he seems like a pretty decent guy but I think the party will use him to do a lot of bullshit the way they are using Bush (imo)...  Republicans aren't all assholes Eyeless, but politicians in general (regardless of party affiliation) over here are...  Too many special interest groups, back scratching, and corruption in Washington in general...  You'd be hard pressed to find a guy who actually wants to help people in American politics... 

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:23:38 pm »

Haha, I spose you're right Cuch! I was amazed that anything actually gets done over there considering how many special interests there are.

In Australia there are alot less lobbyists and very strict regulations on campaign funding, so all the stuff that goes on in the US is a bit bizzare to me. But our system is slowly but surely tending toward the American system although party regulation is much stronger and well enforced. If Ron Paul was in the Liberal party (which is actually the conservative party) back home, he would have been kicked out by now for voting against their initiatives. Likewise for Joe Lieberman in the Democratic party.

Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 12:57:05 pm »

Liebermann I believe is now independent for that very reason...  But regardless of party affiliation, I don't necessarily think that our government truly does anything domestically...  Social services are a complete mess in my opinion...  Our health care system is bullshit because there is too much red tape and without insurance you are completely drained financially...  Public education is where the money is and that's about it...  Social security is in so much trouble that it needs to be privatized otherwise I'll never see any of what is coming out of my check every 2 weeks...  I could go on forever... 

Changes need to be made and no one is stepping up to the plate for what is right, just out to make as much money as possible...  I don't think it'll ever happen to be honest...  Could it, yes, but it would take way too long... 

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
The Evil Dead

Son of Northern Darkness

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 11:21:50 pm »

I want 40 more years of Rupublican rule so America can become a third world country and everyone can eat the shit they created.

I vote for them all.

Social security is in so much trouble that it needs to be privatized otherwise I'll never see any of what is coming out of my check every 2 weeks...

Geezh Cuch, I hope you don't have any retired grandparents.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:56:51 pm by The Evil Dead » Logged

Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:51:42 pm »

See that's the thing...  Republicans only want to privatize a small amount of Social Security...  Unfortunately, Dems scare everyone into believing that Republicans are putting all of that money at risk and inevitably it will disappear...  The only way there will be anything left is if a major change happens soon...  I'm not sure how old you are E.D. but I assume you are around my age (mid-late 20's)...  If something doesn't happen with Social Security soon, we will never see any of the money the government is "supposedly" putting away for us...

Oh and my grandparents are retired, and if we privatize a bit of everyone's money, they will still have nothing to worry aobut whatsoever... 

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 04:59:36 pm »

I'm a little confused here, is "Social Security" the same as a government pension? Or is this a different scheme like government-contributed superannuation (which is held privately?)

The Evil Dead

Son of Northern Darkness

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:26:50 am »

Oh and my grandparents are retired, and if we privatize a bit of everyone's money, they will still have nothing to worry aobut whatsoever... 

You're right. Just like with our health care system.

Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 11:59:54 am »

That's comparing apples to oranges...  Two totally different subjects...  Let's try to take them one at a time please...  There is so much wrong with politics and American government that you could throw out it's disgusting...  I'd probably agree with you on most of it...  But not privatizing Social Security, sorry, but you have to be absolutely insane not to see the major problems with Social Security and how there is only one option if we are ever going to see our hard earned money when we retire... 

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:01:29 pm »

Eyeless, check out the link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_debate_%28United_States%29
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:03:31 pm by Cuchulainn » Logged

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Animal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 06:43:38 pm »

I like Ron Paul. He's the only one who voted against the Iraq War right at the beginning, voted against the Patriot Act, and votes against every porkbarrel spending bill that comes up for a vote!

Edit: Oops, it asks who you think will win the nomination. I don't think Paul will win, but you never know. I'll go with Romney.

I agree abou Paul, although I personally think Fred Thompson will get it, considering that he's an actor and everyone knows who he is. They think because he played a great politician on TV that he'll make a good one in real life. Such is the nature of politics in a country where more people care about and vote for the next American Idol than the next President.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: