Home

June 25, 2017, 09:29:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following Democrats do you believe will gain the nomination for presidential candidacy?
Sen. Hillary Clinton - 3 (75%)
Sen. Barack Obama - 0 (0%)
Sen. Joe Biden - 0 (0%)
Fmr. Sen. John Edwards - 1 (25%)
Rep. Dennis Kucinich - 0 (0%)
Gov. Bill Richardson - 0 (0%)
Fmr. Sen. Mike Gravel - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Candidates 2008  (Read 3804 times)
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:02:19 am »

Since i'm not *actually* American but study American Politics at my university, a question came up on my exam asking me which Democrat would win the nomination for the Presidential Candidacy (phew!) and why - a sort of odd question but it got me thinking. Of course i'm not asking YOU to write 650 words in exam conditions, but your opinion as to who you think will win the Primaries. I don't have C-SPAN or CNN or FOX News or whatever you guys have, and the West Wing is fictional, so i am curious to know what you think as *actual* Americans as opposed to me, a by-stander American politics junkie Tongue

I will also have a thread going for the Republican Nomination.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:07:05 am by Eyeless Sentry » Logged

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:57:51 pm »

Hillary looks unbeatable, but I prefer Richardson on the Democratic side.
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:12:56 pm »

I hope Hillary wins the nomination personally because there is no way in hell she will ever win the election...  I'm not 100% convinced that (even though I'm conservative) I'm voting Republican this time around...  If anyone other than Edwards wins the nomination, I don't care who is the Republican candidate, I'm voting Republican...  But I like Edwards and I would entertain the thought of voting for him... 

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:46:55 pm »

I hope Hillary wins the nomination personally because there is no way in hell she will ever win the election...  I'm not 100% convinced that (even though I'm conservative) I'm voting Republican this time around...  If anyone other than Edwards wins the nomination, I don't care who is the Republican candidate, I'm voting Republican...  But I like Edwards and I would entertain the thought of voting for him... 

Heh, Edwards is probably my least favorite Dem. Wink
Eyeless Sentry
Dreamlore Degenerate
Global Moderator

Let me justify my own reward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:26:49 pm »

I don't think Edwards will win the nomination...all the Australian papers make it seem like it's a two way contest between Obama and Clinton. Even politicians seem to think so as well.

"Two riffs don't make an Opeth"

http://www.crushtor.net
Cuchulainn
Hammered Metalhead
Global Moderator

Dimensional Bleedthrough

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »

It pretty much is a two-way race and I don't like either one...  WAY too liberal for me...  I think that's the reason I like Edwards...  He's a Southern democrat (meaning a democrat from the Southern states) and they are almost Republicans...  He's probably the one candidate that I agree with on a majority of the issues regardless of party...  But like you said, he doesn't have a shot... 

I voted for Bush in 2004 because I was on the Anbody But Kerry ticket...  I hate that guy...  But anyway, I picked the lesser of two evils...  Personally, I'll take stupidity over hypocrisy any day of the week...  The same can be said for Al Gore (who if you didn't know invented the internet)...  But anyway, at least stupid presidents can surround themselves with intelligent (or halfway intelligent) people and pull off a decent administration...  I can trust stupid, but not hypocritical...  Anyway, looks like I'm gonna have to do the same thing this time around as well...  The way I look at it, Hillary already ran the country for 8 years (Bill Clinton) so why give her another 4 years...  And to reiterate, Obama is way too liberal... 

We're the tyrants that guard the land
Proud upon our gilded thrones
The kings at hold... on their thrones
Immortal and invincible... the might lives on

---------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/wjr12983
Curumbor Elendil
Global Moderator

tr00 m3tal is l33t!11!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:13:45 am »

It pretty much is a two-way race and I don't like either one...  WAY too liberal for me...  I think that's the reason I like Edwards...  He's a Southern democrat (meaning a democrat from the Southern states) and they are almost Republicans...  He's probably the one candidate that I agree with on a majority of the issues regardless of party...  But like you said, he doesn't have a shot... 

Hm... I'd actually say that Edwards is more left-wing than either Obama or Clinton, at least on economic issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: